Monday, June 6, 2011

London Last Night: Larry Crowne Film Premiere


The Event: Larry Crowne film premiere

The Venue: Westfield Shopping Centre, Wood Lane, London

The VIPs: Tom Hanks (above), Ronnie Wood, Ana Araujo, David Hasselhoff, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Katie Waissel, Nicola McLean, Kerry Katona, Sam Faiers, Lydia Bright, Joey Essex, Harry Derbidge, Elen Rivas and oh, Cherie Blair!

The Gossip:
1) Double Oscar-winner Tom Hanks is unquestionably a triple A-lister but last night proved poles apart as Hanks tottered the red runner with well-nigh all The Only Way Is Essex group.

2) After Harry Derbidge, Lydia Bright and Joey Essex graced their presence it seemed organizers had enough ITV2 stars to replenish the red runner with, seeing Kerry Katona pose in a multi-coloured dress showing off her toasted tan from Marbella.


3) Meanwhile Hanks and costar Julia Roberts cover W’s most recent issue where Tom put forth “The movie is about combating cynicism. People are naturally optimistic, but you have to choose to walk away from cynicism. You have to say, I am going to combat cynicism today. I had this idea about a unique guy who loses his job and then, at the end of the movie, realizes that it was the best thing that ever happened to him. He thought he was going to die, but it turned out great!”

4) Julia put into words “This was my first college experience. And the first time I had to speak in front of a classroom, I was apoplectic. All these faces looking up at me, thinking, What is she going to teach us? I needed to find my composure. It was very hard—it was terrible, in fact. I spend a lot of the movie woozy. Why did Tom Hanks think of me when he thought of a drunken schoolteacher? He has me chugging margaritas. It’s hard to chug a margarita!”

Click here to view images from the Larry Crowne UK premiere